Teacher Interview Tips
Step 1: Complete the General Teaching application via the DPS job board.
Completing the General Teaching application is the first step in the pre-screening process and a requirement for all new teachers to Denver Public Schools.
For the General Teaching application, you will need to provide the following information:
- Contact information
- Employment history
- Education/Teacher Preparation Program information
- Licensure information
- Endorsement information
- Social security number (SSN) or Travel Documentation Number
- Cover letter (optional)
- Letter of recommendation (optional)
- Copy of your official college transcript (front and back of each page) (optional)
- Teaching sample video: Upload optional link to a video of a teaching sample for consideration in your application review by including the link in your employment profile (optional)
Once you have submitted your application, a teacher screening specialist will review it within seven business days.
*If you are a J-1 Cultural Exchange Applicant, please click here.
*If you are currently employed with DPS in any capacity, please apply using the “Internal Candidates Apply Now” button below. Please click here for instructions on how to apply as an internal candidate.
Step 2: Apply to school-specific positions
Please visit the DPS Jobs Board to apply for these positions. You can use the drop-down menus and the keyword search to filter positions by grade level, region, school year, school or subject.
Step 3: Interview for school-specific positions
Due to the high volume of applications, school leaders will reach out directly to candidates they wish to move forward with. The interview process varies by school and may often include some (or all) of the following: a one-on-one interview with the school’s principal, an interview by a panel with current teachers, a review of a sample lesson plan and a teaching of a sample lesson.
Prior to your interview day, please contact the school directly to find out the different parts of their specific interview process.