Step 1: Review DPS Job Board for Open positions and Apply To Specific School positions.
You can use the drop-down menus and the keyword search to filter positions by grade level, region, school year, school or subject. When you apply you will need to provide the following information:
- Contact information
- Employment history
- Education/Teacher Preparation Program information
- Licensure information
- Endorsement information
- Social security number (SSN) or Travel Documentation Number
- Cover letter (optional)
- Letter of recommendation (optional)
- Copy of your official college transcript (front and back of each page) (optional)
- Teaching sample video: Upload optional link to a video of a teaching sample for consideration in your application review by including the link in your employment profile (optional)
* If you are seeking a visa sponsorship through our district, please be sure to check our Teacher Specific FAQ for further guidance.
* If you are specifically looking at our J-1 Cultural Exchange Program, please note our hiring season for this specific visa always closes on October 1st for the current school year, but we restart our recruiting and hiring processes in Feb/March every year. You may find specific information on our J-1 visa qualifications and disclosures here.
* If you are currently employed with DPS in any capacity, please apply using the “Internal Candidates Apply Now” button below. Please click here for instructions on how to apply as an internal candidate.
Step 2: Interview for school-specific positions
Due to the high volume of applications, school leaders will reach out directly to candidates they wish to move forward with. The interview process varies by school and may often include some (or all) of the following: a one-on-one interview with the school’s principal, an interview by a panel with current teachers, a review of a sample lesson plan and a teaching of a sample lesson.
Prior to your interview day, please contact the school directly to find out the different parts of their specific interview process.