Guest Teacher and/or Substitute Paraprofessional Opportunities
Guest teaching is an opportunity like no other. You can:
- Work with students on a part-time or full-time basis.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule.
- Build lasting relationships with students, schools, and other teachers.
- Work in any of our regions, and serve more than 160 schools.
Guest teaching is a popular pathway into the teaching profession. It’s an ideal way to gain real-world experience in the classroom to decide if you would like to pursue additional education to secure your teaching credentials. The district provides our guest teachers with comprehensive training and support, including:
- New employee orientation training.
- Guest teacher orientation.
- Classroom management training.
- SmartFind Express (SFE) systems guide.
- Student safety procedures and mandated reporting training.
- Sick time accrual for all and Health Care Benefit Offerings depending on position and work activity.
Guest Teacher/Daily Sub 23-24 School Year Pay:
- $21.60/hr ($86.40 half-day/$172.80 full-day) – 1 or 3 year sub authorization
- $27/hr ($108 half-day/$216 full-day) – 5-year sub authorization, initial or professional teacher license
Substitute Paraprofessional Pay 2023-24 School Year Pay:
- $20.50/hr for ECE Sub Para
- $21.50/hr for SpED Sub Para