Become a Guest Teacher or Substitute Paraprofessional with DPS
Guest teaching is an opportunity like no other. You can:
- Work with students on a part-time or full-time basis.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule.
- Build lasting relationships with students, schools and other teachers.
- Earn a higher hourly rate when you become a Super Guest Teacher.
- Work in any of five regions, and serve more than 160 schools, including charter schools.
Guest teaching is a popular pathway into the teaching profession. It’s an ideal way to gain real-world experience in the classroom to decide if you would like to pursue additional education to secure your teaching credentials. The district provides our guest teachers with comprehensive training and supports, including: