Become a Guest Teacher or Substitute Paraprofessional with DPS
Guest teaching is an opportunity like no other. You can:
- Work with students on a part-time or full-time basis.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule.
- Build lasting relationships with students, schools and other teachers.
- Work in any our regions, and serve more than 160 schools.
Guest teaching is a popular pathway into the teaching profession. It’s an ideal way to gain real-world experience in the classroom to decide if you would like to pursue additional education to secure your teaching credentials. The district provides our guest teachers with comprehensive training and supports, including:
- New employee orientation training.
- Guest teacher orientation.
- Classroom management training.
- SmartFind Express (SFE) systems guide.
- Student safety procedures and mandated reporting training.
- Sick time accrual for all and Health Care Benefit Offerings depending on position and work activity.
The 22-23 pay is at incentivise rate based on licensure:
- $20/hr ($80 half-day/$160 full-day) – 1 or 3 year sub authorization
- $25/hr ($100 half-day/$200 full-day) – 5-year sub authorization, initial or professional teacher license