It takes a team of exceptional individuals to help DPS fulfill its promise that Every Child Succeeds. DPS is committed to rewarding all members of Team DPS with a competitive Total Rewards package that includes attractive benefits packages and generous paid time-off.
We are proud to offer a competitive and living wage for all employees — in 2015, DPS implemented an organizational minimum wage of $12 per hour, which is 8.1% higher than the Colorado 2019 minimum wage of $11.10 per hour. This increase impacts more than 1,700 employees, including paraprofessionals, cafeteria workers and custodians.
Please note: Hourly and yearly salary ranges vary by position. You can find the relevant pay range for a specific position at the top of each job posting on the DPS Jobs Board.
We recognize that we can only reach our commitment to supporting the Whole Child if we collectively support the members of Team DPS. Our Benefits and Wellness programs support the health, engagement and enrichment of the whole employee.
What does this look like in practice?
- Health options with the flexibility you need – DPS is committed to providing you and your eligible dependents with a variety of high-quality, affordable benefit selections to support your health and well-being.
- Retirement plans that honor the effort you’ve put in – Through the Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA) and a variety of partners, DPS offers a competitive pension plan and a robust selection of retirement plans that provide you the flexibility in retirement you are looking for, while meeting your financial situation today.
- Ongoing development opportunities that grow your career – We are a community of lifelong learners committed to personalizing careers at DPS. We do this by providing ongoing feedback, coaching and support, coupled with opportunities for professional and personal growth.
- Personal wellness as a top priority – Our robust wellness program provides employees access to a variety of activities, from fitness facility discounts to energy management classes to cooking seminars.
- Time when you need it most – While each employee group has a slightly different work calendar, DPS values providing employees the time they need to show up happy, healthy and engaged every day for our students with a mix of personal, vacation and sick days provided.
- Solutions and Support– Trying to find the best doctors in your area, planning a move, or looking for discounts? Our robust employee assistance and discount programs provide you with support, resources, and services for personal and work-life issues. Also, see the Cost of Living Toolkit for housing resources in the Denver area.
- Support when you have questions – Whether it’s signing up for benefits or understanding our retirement options, our HR Connect team is on hand to answer your questions.
- Want to learn more? Check out this page for more details or reach out to us at Connect_HumanResources@dpsk12.org.