It takes a team of exceptional individuals to help DPS fulfill its promise that Every Child Succeeds. DPS is committed to rewarding all members of team DPS with a competitive total rewards package that includes attractive benefits packages and generous paid time-off.
DPS is committed to providing a competitive and living wage for all of its employees, and in 2015, DPS implemented an organizational minimum wage of $12 per hour, which is 44% higher than the Colorado 2016 minimum wage of $8.31 per hour. This increase impacts more than 1,700 employees, including paraprofessionals, cafeteria workers and custodians.
Please note: Hourly and yearly salary ranges vary by position. You can find the relevant pay range for a specific position at the top of each job posting on the DPS Jobs Board.
We recognize that our commitment to supporting the whole child can only succeed if we collectively support the members of team DPS. So instead of the traditional focus on benefits, we’ve developed a Total Rewards program that supports the health, engagement and enrichment of the whole employee.
What does this look like in practice?
- Health options with the flexibility you need – A one-size-fits-all approach to supporting the health of our employees doesn’t work. You need a health plan that is unique to you. With monthly flex dollars, you can choose the plan that makes the most sense for you, whether it be one of the district’s health plans or a plan that better fits your needs.
- Retirement plans that honor the effort you’ve put in – You’ve dedicated an enriching career to serving the students of Denver; you shouldn’t have to be concerned with how to manage retirement. Through the Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA) and a variety of partners, DPS offers a competitive pension plan and a robust selection of retirement plans that provide you the flexibility in retirement you are looking for, while meeting your financial situation today.
- Ongoing development opportunities that grow your career – We are a community of lifelong learners committed to personalizing each other’s pathway and career at DPS. We do this by providing ongoing feedback, coaching and support, coupled with opportunities for professional and personal growth.
- Making your personal wellness a priority – Our robust wellness program provides employees access to a variety of activities, from fitness facility discounts to energy management classes to cooking seminars.
- Time when you need it most – While each employee group has a slightly different work calendar, DPS values providing employees the time they need to show up happy, healthy and engaged every day for our students via the mix of personal, vacation and sick days provided.
- Solutions for your daily tasks – Trying to find the best doctors in your area, planning a move, or looking for discounts? Our robust employee assistance and discount programs provide you with the services you need to make your life outside of work a bit smoother.
- Support when you have questions – Whether it’s signing up for benefits or understanding our retirement options, our HR Connect team is on hand to answer your questions.