DPS utilizes a pool process for assistant principal applications. To apply for specific school vacancies, candidates must first apply to our central screening process and screen into the assistant principal candidate pool, linked below.
Step 1 – Online Application
- A principal’s license is not required to apply
- Two letters of reference
- Cover letter that answers the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a school leader in DPS?
- What has been your record of student academic achievement? (please give measurable outcomes)
- What experience have you had influencing adults to achieve significant results for students? (Including but not limited to coaching, mentoring, providing feedback, etc.)
- What is your experience working with diverse student populations? (including but not limited to race, ethnicity, socio-economic)
- What is your experience teaching or leading second language learners?
Note: All candidates use Job Code #17206.
Step 3 – Apply to Specific Vacancies
If selected for the Highly Qualified Principal Pool you will be given access to apply to specific school vacancies on the external job board and internal job board
Step 4 – School Based Interviews
If selected for school based interviews:
- You will hear from the hiring manager
- The timeline for school based interviews varies by school
- The school based interview process is unique to each school designed by a committee of stakeholders